Diamond painting is an enjoyable passtime. Not only will it calm your mind, but it also makes you more creative and relaxed. It brings pleasure and excitement to a boring life. If you are looking for ways to make your life interesting and increase your creativity, diamond painting is your best bet.
You do not need to be a pro artist to create wonderful wall decors. All you need is time and paint with diamonds kit. Diamond painting is pretty much similar to paint by numbers. The only difference is we use diamonds, crystals and flat-backed rhinestones instead of using the paints.
If you are a beginner, the diamond painting might sound a bit intimidating at first. But it is really easy once you know how to do it.
Steps to Paint with Diamonds
- Purchase a diamond painting kit: You can find diamond painting kits online and in stores. Every company is different in some ways but each kit will contain printed canvas, beads, a pen-like tool, and glue.
- Review the canvas: You would find a chart with numbers which looks pretty much like a cross-stitch. Each number that you see will correspond to a diamond color. This canvas is printed on the sides. Some squares contain letters instead of numbers. Both are the same.
- Unroll the canvas and remove the plastic: Unroll the canvas on a flat surface and then tape it firmly. Now remove the piece of plastic from the canvas. Do not remove the complete piece of the plastic at once. Remove the plastic slowly while you are still working. If your kit has pre-cut plastic strips, consider removing the first strip and work on it.
- Put the diamonds into the tray: Check the patch of canvas you just opened. Now choose a box to start your project. You’ll see a number on it. Find the same number on the chart and find the bag with the same number. Open this bag and put the diamonds in the tray.
- Dip the pen into the gel: It is now time to start applying the diamonds. Open the gel packet and dip the pen into the gel. The gel will help you pick the crystals easily. If you have the wax pencil, then you need to sharpen the pencil and you can avoid this step.
- Pick the crystals: Now use your pen to pick up the crystals. Press the tip of the pen. Make sure the crystal is stuck to the pen. Now take it away from the tray.
- Put the crystal on the square: Now that you have picked the crystal, press this crystal to the corresponding square. If you are a beginner, press the crystal lightly at first. This is not much different than paint by number. The only difference is you’re using crystals instead.
- Fill all the squares with the crystals in that area: Fill all the squares in the area you are working in. Try to stick with one color at a time. This would make the whole process faster and easy. You will also stay organized while working with one color at a time.
- Remove the other plastic strips: After you have finished the first section, remove the next strips of plastic and start working on it. Follow the same process as in step-8 going one color at a time. Once you have finished this section, remove the next strip. Repeat the same process until you have completed filling the whole canvas.
- Cover the canvas with the plastic: You have completed the canvas. Now cover the canvas with the sheet of plastic that came with your kit. Just in case you have thrown your plastic away, you can cover it with parchment paper.
- Press down the loose crystals: Use your hands to press down the loose crystals. You can use a rolling pin to press down the crystals which are loose.
- Put some weight on the canvas: Put some weight on the canvas and leave it overnight. You can use books for this purpose. This will ensure that the diamonds are bond properly to the canvas.
- Remove the tape: It is now time to remove the tape from the canvas.
- Frame the canvas and display your artwork.
You can buy some great diamond painting kits for you here.
Tips and Tricks for Diamond Painting
- Review your chart carefully before you start the project.
- Remove the plastic film slowly.
- Start from the bottom of the canvas and work your way up.
- Close your wax/gel tub when not in use to prevent it from drying out.
- Use a rhinestone applier if the gel is dried out.
- Take time to position the crystals into the tray. Make sure you position the crystals with the flat side down.
- Use one color at a time.
- Tape the crystals next to their symbol.
- Use a multi-diamond applicator to make things fast.
- Enjoy your project.
These are tips you need to follow if you want to create an amazing artwork. Happy painting!
Checkout more about what is diamond painting at https://colorelaxation.com/.
Checkout our all time bestsellers in our handpicked collections for you
Checkout our Huge Animal collection, more than 600 different kits of owls, birds, horses, dogs, cats, wolves, turtles etc
3 Must have Diamond Painting Supplies for creating a masterpiece
Top 5 Things to know before you buy diamond art kits