Are you looking to buy the best painting by number kits, but you don’t know which one to buy and what factors must be considered before buying them? Calm down, we are here to help you out with this.
First of all you need to understand the basics of what is painting by numbers?
What is Painting By Numbers?
Painting by numbers is a way of painting in which a painting is divided into different shapes. Every shape is identified with a different number corresponding to a different color. This way of painting is often ridiculed and called uncreative as it is most simple and easy. But, it can bring a sense of peace and relaxation to your mind which is all that matters.
In this form of painting, the shapes in which painting is divided are not similar and one cannot make sense of one single shape . But when these shapes are collectively put together, they will form an image - your true masterpiece.
These paintings can be created with the help of Paint By Number kits. This form of art requires extensive use of colors than any other painting arts in trend.
What is a Painting by Numbers Kit?
Paint by numbers kit includes a brush, bottles of all different colors and a outline painting picture marked with different numbers. At first, you may think that the paint that has come with the kit might not be sufficient for entire painting, but it will be enough. You can also use the other colors that you have. Also check the type of colors in the kit. Mostly, there are acrylic or oil colors. Some kits also include pencil colors or water colors. We suggest you using acrylic type because they are suitable for the painting since they dry fast and you can also wash the brush with water and keep it for further use.
Paint by numbers is a mind relaxation art which would unveil the artistic side of you in very relieving and easy way. Paint by numbers is an enjoyable way to give colors for your creation. It helps an artist to improve his arty attributes. For aspiring artists, it is a unique and marvelous way to teach their little artistic fingers an excellent brush techniques and control so that by the time they move onto their own freehand pieces, they will be an absolute wizard of strokes, swishes and detail of any size.
Some tips for starting a Painting by Number
There are so many reasons why you can choose to paint by numbers. No matter what your reason is, here are some basic steps that will come handy when you are up for creating a stunning work-of-art with “Paint By Numbers” painting technique:
- Check the kit details properly before buying a paint by number kit for you. Paint by number kits come with the variety of different subjects and themes like a bird, an animal, flower, scenery or can be a captured picture. Choose something that deeply interests you.
- Choose a special area for Painting. If you choose table for painting then cover it properly with newspaper or old cloth for keeping the table clean because there are chances that you might spill some paint. Using a room with washable floor is best.
- Get a washable or disposable cup to wash the brush. A cup which is not used regularly or can be washed properly after work will be good for this purpose. For example a disposable cup or other food containers.
- There are also some instructions about the kit on the outer box. Read them properly before starting.
- Everything in this beautiful art is related to the color and its corresponding colors. So make sure to use a particular color for particular shape.
- First of all, open first pot of color and fill the entire related portions which have to be filled of that color. For example if there are hundred portions on the painting with numbers ranging from 1 to 20 and there are 7 portions marked with numbers 1. Then fill the color number with in all that 7 portions. Repeat this until the painting finished.
- Wash the brush properly every time you finish the work of particular color to avoid the accidental mixing of different colors. Also use rag to wash out the water from brush after washing.
- Leave the painting alone until the first color dries out. Otherwise, you will end up messing the whole art.
- Frame the finished painting and hang it up your creation on the wall.
- Each time whenever you want to start coloring, choose the largest area first time. By this you have not to spend more time for washing the brush.
- First fill the dark colors then go for light color. It will help an artist to understand the composition of effect and the impact of one color with respect to another.
- Follow the rules for better outcome but never be afraid to discover your own rules. Consider it as a fun activity rather than a work.
Get started with this activity now! It can heal you in the ways you can never imagine!
Checkout our all time bestsellers in our handpicked collections for you
Checkout our Huge Animal collection, more than 600 different kits of owls, birds, horses, dogs, cats, wolves, turtles etc
3 Must have Diamond Painting Supplies for creating a masterpiece
Top 5 Things to know before you buy diamond art kits