Are you done with your new diamond art and want to make it ready to gift or use as a decor in your home? Well, it’s your masterpiece and of course you want it to stay with you for a long time. The best way to keep your diamond painting brand new and enhance its look & credibility is to frame it so that it can be mounted to wall and can be stored for a long time.
Why should you frame your diamond art?
We bet that you might have spent a month or two sticking diamonds to a giant plain canvas. We know it was not easy as you put all your focus and efforts towards the little crystals so that they just can stick to the right place. We know it was challenging but it definitely brought a smile on your face when you saw a completed masterpiece right in the front of your eyes. Now, after all these efforts and dedication, you don’t want your painting to end up as a mess. Would you? No, right?
The diamonds you have placed on the canvas tend to get lose and the adhesive on the canvas tend to wear-off with time and this damage is more severe when you haven’t framed your painting. In order to prevent or minimize this damage, framing is the best option. Not only it gives your diamond painting an enhanced and professional look, it also help you keep it intact for years. Therefore, it is quite important for you to frame diamond painting if you intend to keep it for long time.
How can you frame a diamond painting?
Framing a diamond painting is very simple. All you need is a diamond painting canvas frame and you are all set for the process.
First of all, buy a diamond painting canvas frame. It looks like the picture below:
This is an easy to assemble DIY stretcher bars kit for your diamond painting!
It is made from white pine, non-toxic, safe and reliable material. This frame has an oily double-sided adhesive on the side and back side of the frame to connect the joints.
Material: Pine wood
Bar Width: About 3cm/1.18"
The Kit Comes With:
- 4 Wooden Frame Bars With Glue Tape
- 4 Ladder Shaped Inserts
- 4 U-Shaped Pins
- 1 Traceless Hook Kit
Once you have this frame, you can continue to follow the instructions below:
- Lay your diamond painting on the floor facing it down on a flat surface. Make sure the surface is clean and smooth.
- Now, put each stretcher bar along the edges of the canvas sticking with the painting with the help of glue tape. They should be straight and their edges should be touching.
- Now flip the bars upward and place the ladder shaped inserts as shown in the picture below.
- Insert the U-shaped pins to hold the bars together.
- Make sure all the pins have been inserted well and the canvas has been stuck properly with the frames.
- Your framed diamond painting is ready.
- Do no immediately frame your diamond painting after finishing. You can keep the art under your mattress and sleep on it for a night before framing it. It ensures that the diamonds are stuck properly.
- You can get your painting laminated after framing to make sure it’s durable.
- Keep the extra beads and diamonds with you in case the diamonds start to wear off after months.
- You can use the finished frame painting as wall decor or as a gift as well.
These were the simple ways and the tips to frame your diamond painting and keep it as good as new for longer.
Checkout diamond painting supplies, diamond painting tools, and diamond art!
Checkout our all time bestsellers in our handpicked collections for you
Checkout our Huge Animal collection, more than 600 different kits of owls, birds, horses, dogs, cats, wolves, turtles etc
3 Must have Diamond Painting Supplies for creating a masterpiece
Top 5 Things to know before you buy diamond art kits